If you can’t edit a file, a few things could be wrong: The file owner didn’t give you permission to view the file. You’re signed in to a different Google Account. Someone else with edit access removed your permission to edit.
How do I allow others to edit Google Sheets?
- Open the file that you want to share (that you own or have edit access to).
- Click Share.
- Enter the email addresses or groups with which you want to share.
- Choose what kind of access you want to give people: Can edit, Can comment or Can view.
- Click Send.
How do I make a Google spreadsheet editable?
- Open a spreadsheet in the Google Sheets app.
- In your spreadsheet, double-tap the cell you want to edit.
- Enter your data.
- Optional: To format text, touch and hold the text, then choose an option.
- When done, tap Done .
How do I upload an Excel file to Google Drive?
First, navigate to your Google Drive homepage. Click New -> File Upload. Then select the Excel file that you want to upload from your device. Press Open, and the Excel file will upload to Google Drive.
How do I import an Excel file into Google Sheets?
- In Sheets, create a new or open an existing spreadsheet.
- Click File. Import.
- Choose the Excel file and click Select.
- Choose an import option: Create new spreadsheet. Insert new sheet(s) Replace spreadsheet.
- Click Import data.
- If prompted, click Open now.
How do I create a real time tracker in Excel?
- 1) Create a new table in Excel. …
- 2) Assign a linked online data type in Excel. …
- 3) Add a new column to get real-time online data.
How do I wrap text in sheets?
- Select the cell, row or column where you would like your text to be wrapped.
- Select Format in the file Menu.
- Select Wrapping.
- Click Wrap.
How do I lock cells in Google Sheets?
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Click Data. Protected sheets and ranges. …
- Click Add a sheet or range or click an existing protection to edit it.
- To protect a range, click Range. …
- Click Set permissions or Change permissions.
- Choose how you want to limit editing: …
- Click Save or Done.
How do I open a Numbers file in Excel?
- In Numbers, open the Numbers spreadsheet that you want to convert.
- Choose File > Export To, then select the format.
What do you do to rename a spreadsheet?
- Double-click the sheet tab, and type the new name.
- Right-click the sheet tab, click Rename, and type the new name.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Alt+H > O > R, and type the new name.
How do I lock cells in Excel based on time?
- Click on the cell(s) you wish to lock.
- To open the Format Cells pop-up window, navigate to the “Home” tab in your Excel spreadsheet.
- To do so, select “Format” from the right-hand menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Lock Cell.”
How do I copy live data in Excel?
Quick Importing of Live Data
Open a worksheet in Excel. From the Data menu depending on version of Excel select Get & Transform Data > From Web (eg in Excel 2016) or Get External Data (eg in 2000) or Import External Data (eg in XP).
How do I protect a range in Excel?
Go to the Protection tab and uncheck Locked option and click Ok. Now select only the cells or columns, rows that you want to protect. Right click and choose Format cells again. Go to the protection tab and check Locked option and click Ok.
How do you unlock cells in Excel?
On the Home tab, click the Format Cell Font popup launcher. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+F or Ctrl+1. In the Format Cells popup, in the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box and then click OK. This unlocks all the cells on the worksheet when you protect the worksheet.
How do I convert a text file to a number in Excel?
Use Paste Special and Multiply
Select the cells that have numbers stored as text. On the Home tab, click Paste > Paste Special. Click Multiply, and then click OK. Excel multiplies each cell by 1, and in doing so, converts the text to numbers.
How do I edit Excel on my iPhone?
Edit data in a cell
In your spreadsheet, double-tap the cell you want to edit. Enter your data. Optional: To format text, touch and hold the text, then choose an option.
How do I unhide all tabs in Excel?
Right-click the Sheet tab at the bottom, and select Unhide. – Press the Shift + Up/Down Arrow keys to select multiple (or all) worksheets, and then press OK.
How to delete sheet in Excel?
- Right-click the Sheet tab and select. Delete.
- Or, select the sheet, and then select Home > Delete > Delete Sheet.
How do I edit multiple Excel files at once?
Hold down the Ctrl key and click each sheet tab that you want to edit, or hold Shift and click the last tab to edit to select all tabs in the middle. Once you hit Enter or navigate to any other tab, you will see that what you did was copied to all selected worksheets. This also works for formatting.
How do I edit two Excel spreadsheets at once?
By clicking the sheet tabs at the bottom of the Excel window, you can quickly select one or more sheets. To enter or edit data on several worksheets at the same time, you can group worksheets by selecting multiple sheets. You can also format or print a selection of sheets at the same time.
How do I hide formulas in Excel?
- Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to hide. …
- Click Home > Format > Format Cells.
- On the Protection tab, select the Hidden check box.
- Click OK.
- Click Review > Protect Sheet.
How do I unlock fill color in Excel?
Select the cell or range of cells you want to format. Click Home > Format Cells dialog launcher, or press Ctrl+Shift+F. On the Fill tab, under Background Color, pick the color you want.
How do I link one cell to another in Excel?
On a worksheet, select the cell where you want to create a link. On the Insert tab, select Hyperlink. You can also right-click the cell and then select Hyperlink… on the shortcut menu, or you can press Ctrl+K.
How do I convert raw data to Excel?
- From your main display, select one or all chart(s) with the tag data you want to export.
- Navigate to the Action drop-down menu.
- From this drop-down menu, select Export Raw Data. …
- Locate the file on your system to open.
How do I hide text in an Excel cell?
- Select the cell or range of cells that contains values that you want to hide. …
- On the Home tab, click the Dialog Box Launcher. …
- In the Category box, click Custom.
- In the Type box, select the existing codes.
- Type ;;; (three semicolons).
- Click OK.