On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click the small arrow to open the Format Cells popup window. On the Protection tab, select the Locked check box, and then click OK to close the popup.
How do I lock a shape in an Excel cell?
- Click on the Ribbon's Insert tab, and click Shapes.
- In the list of shapes, right-click on the shape that you want to use.
- Click Lock Drawing Mode.
How do I stop objects from moving in Excel?
- Right-click the image or shape and then click Size and Properties…
- In the window that opens, go to the Properties section from the left hand menu. Then look to the top of the window. Select one of these two options: …
- Hit close and that's it!
How do I protect an object in Excel?
- Select Review > Manage Protection.
- To turn on protection, in the Manage Protection task pane, select Protect sheet. …
- By default, the entire sheet is locked and protected. …
- Optionally, to require a password to edit a range, select Range password, enter and confirm the password, and then select Save.
What is dashboard reporting in Excel?
A dashboard is a visual representation of key metrics that allow you to quickly view and analyze your data in one place. Dashboards not only provide consolidated data views, but a self-service business intelligence opportunity, where users are able to filter the data to display just what’s important to them.
How do I anchor an image in Excel?
Lock the Picture with the Cell in Excel
Here are the steps to lock a picture in a cell: Right-click on the picture and select Format Picture. In the Format Picture pane, select Size & Properties and with the options in Properties, select ‘Move and size with cells’.
How do I lock an image in Excel when filtering?
Please right-click the image and choose Size and Properties, then make sure that the Locked checkbox is checked.
How do I unlock an Excel spreadsheet for editing?
- Go to the worksheet you want to unprotect.
- Go to File > Info > Protect > Unprotect Sheet, or from the Review tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
- If the sheet is protected with a password, then enter the password in the Unprotect Sheet dialog box and click OK.
How do I restrict editing in Excel?
To enable worksheet protection, open your Excel workbook and select the worksheet you want to restrict. From the ribbon bar, select Review > Protect Sheet. In the pop-up menu, you can provide a password to restrict changes to the sheet you’re locking, although this is optional.
How do I create a dashboard from scratch in Excel?
- Create a Proper Layout for Your Excel Dashboard.
- Import Data into Excel.
- Create a Table with Raw Data.
- Clean and Filter the Data.
- Analyze Your Data.
- Build the Excel Dashboard.
- Create a Dashboard Scorecard.
- Customize with Macros, Colors, and More.
How do I unlock a pivot table in Excel?
On the Ribbon, click the Home tab. In the Cells group, click Format. If the Lock Cell command is enabled, click Lock Cell to unlock the selected cell.
What is Power Query Editor?
The Power Query Editor is the primary data preparation experience, where you can connect to a wide range of data sources and apply hundreds of different data transformations by previewing data and selecting transformations from the UI.
How to create pivot table in Excel?
- Select the cells you want to create a PivotTable from. …
- Select Insert > PivotTable.
- This will create a PivotTable based on an existing table or range. …
- Choose where you want the PivotTable report to be placed. …
- Click OK.
How to insert PDF to Excel?
- Open your files. Open up the Excel spreadsheet that you want to place the link into and select Insert > Object.
- Add your PDF. Click Create > Browse to locate the PDF you want to insert.
- Check the display. …
- Embed your PDF.
How do I paste a JPEG into a single cell in Excel?
Insert an image from a computer
All you have to do is these 3 quick steps: In your Excel spreadsheet, click where you want to put a picture. Switch to the Insert tab > Illustrations group, and click Pictures. In the Insert Picture dialog that opens, browse to the picture of interest, select it, and click Insert.
How do I insert a screenshot into an Excel cell?
Open the document that you want to insert the image in. Select Insert > Pictures > Picture from File. Navigate to the folder where the image is stored, select it, then select Insert.
How do you see who is in an Excel shared file?
If the item is currently shared with anyone, a Shared with list appears at the bottom of the Send link window.
- Each circular item in the list represents a person or group that the item has been shared with.
- Point your mouse at any item to see the name of the person or group.
How do you unlock a panel in Excel?
You’re scrolling down your worksheet (or scrolling to the side), but part of it is frozen in place. This is probably because at some point you decided to freeze the panes. To fix this, click View > Window > Unfreeze Panes.
How does custom formatting work in Excel?
- Select the cell or range of cells that you want to format.
- On the Home tab, under Number, on the Number Format pop-up menu. , click Custom.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, under Category, click Custom.
- At the bottom of the Type list, select the built-in format that you just created. …
- Click OK.
How do you use validation in Excel?
- Select one or more cells to validate.
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, select List.
- In the Source box, type your list values, separated by commas. …
- Make sure that the In-cell dropdown check box is selected.
How do I create a scorecard in Excel?
For more detailed information, see on Create data connections (PerformancePoint Services) TechNet.
- Select the KPIs. …
- Add measure filters (this is optional). …
- Add member columns (this is optional). …
- Select a KPI location. …
- Finish configuring your scorecard.
How do I clean data in Excel?
- Insert a new column (B) next to the original column (A) that needs cleaning.
- Add a formula that will transform the data at the top of the new column (B).
- Fill down the formula in the new column (B). …
- Select the new column (B), copy it, and then paste as values into the new column (B).
How do you use pivot data in formulas?
You can quickly enter a simple GETPIVOTDATA formula by typing = (the equal sign) in the cell you want to return the value to and then clicking the cell in the PivotTable that contains the data you want to return.
What is Excel Power Pivot?
Power Pivot is an Excel add-in you can use to perform powerful data analysis and create sophisticated data models. With Power Pivot, you can mash up large volumes of data from various sources, perform information analysis rapidly, and share insights easily.
Where can you write a power pivot DAX formula?
- Click the tab of the table in which you want to add the calculated column.
- Click the Design tab on the Ribbon.
- Click Add.
- Type the DAX formula for the calculated column in the formula bar.
What is one way to remove a slicer or timeline?
- Click anywhere in the PivotTable for which you want to disconnect a slicer. This displays the PivotTable Analyze tab.
- Click the PivotTable Analyze tab, and then click Filter Connections.
- In the dialog box, clear the check box of any PivotTable fields for which you want to disconnect a slicer.